Birmingham Cathedral Building Phase 1
Built in 1715 as the New Parish Church. St Philips is a rare and fine example of elegant English Baroque architecture and is a grade 1 listed building.
Lowe and Oliver worked closely with the lighting consultant ‘Light Perceptions’ to supply and commission the new lighting system. The cathedral comprises of environmentally friendly LED lights controlled via a Lutron Homeworks System. The lights are all dimmable and are Mains dim, Dali dim and DMX dim. The new wiring of the lighting system was installed using FP cable installed primary within roof and floor voids.
Client: Birmingham Cathedral
Consultant: Light Perceptions
Architect: Thomas Ford and Partners
Main Contractor: Midland Conservation Ltd
Start date: August 2015